Minor Eye Conditions Service
If you have a recent problem with your eyes such as sore eyes, red eyes or visual disturbance you can be assessed and treated by the local Minor Eye Conditions Service. This is a free NHS service provided by the Opticians in Totton.
What services are offered?
- Conditions which can be seen under the service includes:
- Red eye or eyelids;
- Dry eye or gritty and uncomfortable eyes;
- Irritation and inflammation of the eye;
- Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye;
- Recently occurring flashes or floaters
- Ingrowing eyelashes
- Foreign Body in eye.
Where should I go?
The Minor Eye Conditions Service is offered by two practices in the Totton area:
- Leightons Opticians and Hearing Care, 17 Waters Lane, Totton, S040 3DG. Telephone 02380 862 456; and
- Specsavers Totton, 11 Commercial Road, Totton. SO40 3BX. Telephone 02380 580 070.
Please note, you must book an appointment prior to attending the opticians.
What do I need to take with me?
Once you have booked your appointment, please take your glasses and a list of your current medication to the appointment. The optometrist may put drops in your eyes at the appointment, so be aware you may not be able to drive afterwards.
If your condition needs additional treatment, then the optician may book you an eye appointment at the hospital or an appointment with your GP if the condition is more related to your general health.