Get Hampshire Walking
Testvale Surgery are participating in the Get Hampshire Walking Campaign, which seeks to encourage our local population in Totton to walk more, whether walking around the house, walking instead of getting the bus or using the car or getting out and about with friends in the fresh air. Did you know?
- Walking is an easy way to get more active and prevent ill health
- Walking can help meet new people and increase social interaction
- Any additional walking is helpful – it doesn’t have to be long, organised walks
- Children benefit from being more active as it can lead to increased brain activity
- There are lots of resources to help people walk more
The Golden Mile...
The Golden Mile is a safe, simple and measurable health & physical activity initiative accessible to all people regardless of age or ability. Through the Golden Mile project, we aim to support people to increase the amount of time each day people in Totton are active by walking, jogging or running around a measured distance (the Golden Mile).
There are many benefits that people gain from participating in the Golden Mile:
- Improved Fitness and Behaviour
- Team work
- Increased Concentration
By increasing physical activity through the Golden Mile project people will not only have greater access to physical activity but they will also see the wider gains of regular activity.
To find out more, please visit: http://www.golden-mile.org/