Registering As A Patient With Testvale Surgery
You can register at the practice during normal weekday reception opening times, We are sorry, but we cannot accept registration applications during extended hours surgeries or on weekends.
Unfortunately, we are only able to accept new patients who live within our catchment area. You can see a map of the catchment are at the foot of this page.
New patients are registered with the practice but you have the right to state a preference about which doctor you see. Upon registration, you will be informed about your named GP, To make sure that you get the best continuity of care it is preferable to keep to one doctor as far as possible.
All new patients are asked to complete a Patient Registration Form and a questionnaire about their past medical history. These are available at reception.
New patients may be invited to see the nurse for a registration health check, which includes various physical checks, including having your blood pressure measured, and a discussion of your answers on the questionnaire. You will be required to provide a urine sample.
If you are a new patient who has ongoing medical problems or who takes any kind of medication, you should book an appointment with your doctor to discuss your ongoing medical needs before requesting any 'repeat' prescriptions from us - we would like to meet you.
Most of our consulting rooms are on the ground floor and there is a lift to the first floor. Our staff are always happy to help patients who are having difficulties.
- Pre-Registration Checklist
- Instructions on How To Register
- Catchment Area
- Obtaining Registration Documents by Post
In order to register fully, all patients must:
- Live within our Practice Catchment Area - please see the map at the foot of this page.
- Provide us with their NHS number.
- Provide proof of their identity, usually with a driving licence or passport, and evidence of a permanent residential address via a utility or council tax bill.
- Be eligible for free NHS care. If you are from abroad, you must be staying in the UK for an identifiable and settled purpose and for longer than six months. The reception staff are entitled to check you are eligible and will ask for proof to confirm you are entitled to NHS treatment. If you are not eligible you will be seen as a private patient and charged a fee.
- Anyone regardless of their country of residence or immigration status is entitled to receive free NHS primary medical services at a GP practice. Please be aware that hospital services may be chargeable.
If you want to join the practice please complete a Registration Form and Past Medical History Questionnaire (which can be picked up from our reception).
** It is essential that you provide us with your NHS number. You can obtain this from your last doctor. We cannot process your application without this number. **
Please bring the completed forms along to reception for processing.
Once you have been accepted as a patient your medical records will be transferred to us and confirmation will be sent to your home address.
You do not need to inform your existing practice that you are moving, although you may wish to do so out of courtesy.
Our Practice Catchment Area covers all postcodes starting with SO40 and is bounded by Calmore, Ower, Cadnam, Minstead, Ashurst, Marchwood and Eling and includes all of the districts within, such as Hounsdown, Netley Marsh, Copythorne, Bartley, Woodlands and Winsor.
If you are uncertain whether you live within our area please telephone our reception and one of the receptionists will be able to advise you.
Obtaining Registration Documents by Post
If you are unable to get to the surgery you can ask us to send you copies through the post.
To receive the documents by post please write to us at the following address, including a stamped or postage prepaid, self addressed, A5 size envelope.
Please make sure you enclose the correctly addressed
Please provide an envelope, with full postage paid, as we cannot send the documents out without it.
Testvale Surgery (Dept:NPR), 12 Salisbury Road, Totton, Hampshire SO40 3PY