Testvale Surgery are proud to announce that we have successfully applied to become a Parkrun practice with a view to helping to improve the health and well-being of our staff.
What is parkrun?
- Free, weekly 5k events, every Saturday morning, in areas of open space
- 2k junior parkruns for 4-14 year olds and their families on Sunday mornings
- Over 1,000 locations across the UK
- Organised by local volunteer teams
- Walk, run, jog, volunteer or spectate - take part in any way that suits you
- Open to all, including those who are inactive or have health conditions or disabilities
- Opportunity to socialise, make friends and be part of a welcoming, supportive community
Involvement in this initiative will help us to:
- Improve the health and well-being of practice staff
- Improve the health and well-being of patients and carers:
- Help to reduce the need for lifelong medication;
- Raise awareness of services that we provide;
- Help the development of a local community and build wellness; and
- Support the UK-wide movement to scale up social prescribing activities
If you want further information about Parkrun or you wish to get involved then please follow the following link Park Run or ask the reception team for more details.